While on a memorable and eventful spiritual retreat in Greece and Turkey, I declared my intention to “make spirit real”.
The first day we were in Greece, we visited a Byzantine Temple, the location of St. Francis’ Tomb. My husband, Cliff had gotten distracted by something and wandered off while I walked on with other members of the group. We entered a structure and found several arched alcoves which appeared to be openings of tombs. They were about two feet from the floor of the chamber, each one about six feet high and six feet deep. I could easily stand in the opening. Somebody handed me a shawl and I placed it over my head. In a holy gesture, I held my hands together in prayer and people took pictures of me. I imagined myself in an image of Mother Mary, standing in the alcove.
Then, I reached back into the opening and felt the energy. It felt heavy and prickly, I called to my friends, “Hey, there’s something in here…” I reached out my hand again and another (etheric) hand grabbed mine. I called back, “She just grabbed my hand… It’s a little girl!” I was in a joyful, playful mood and acknowledged this presence, sending a simple spiritual “hello”. Just as I said hello to this energy, someone advised “Don’t let it jump in”. Now, that is something that I hadn’t considered, yet my attention went immediately to my body. Acknowledging this presence and shifting my attention to my body, I felt a wave of energy from the top of my head to my toes. Then, I began to cry as I connected with the thoughts of this little girl. All of a sudden I felt detached as if I were witnessing the experience– I couldn’t move my body. Somebody said, “Get her down from there”. Still I couldn’t move. Louise, one woman who later became a very close friend, called out “Pull her down from there”. As they pulled me down, I popped back into my body.
The little girl’s energy stayed in the alcove yet I felt I could still communicate with her. She appeared to be somehow stuck in limbo and seemed confused and frustrated. She looked afraid to leave- waiting for her mother or someone who would tell her where to go. I recognized a familiarity, as if we knew each other. I imagined myself telling her that she was OK, that she didn’t need to stay there. I acknowledged her connection with the Divine. I had learned that If a presence seems stuck, I can show them a stairway ascending up to a “Light” at the top. I did this and she quickly started up the stairs and waved “goodbye”. Then, she was gone.
I see, now, I had definitely made “spirit real”. There is also a video of the whole experience- priceless!
We truly are connected as One…
HEART CONNECTION MEDITATION:
- Sit upright in a chair with your back straight.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breaths.
- Breathe into the area of your chest, and breath in the love of your heart.
- Fill yourself up with the love of your heart — fill your body and field around you.
- As you exhale, send the love from your heart into room where you sit.
- As you continue to breathe in, bring in more love.
- As you continue to breathe out, send love out- to your home, to your community, to your city, to your state, to your country…
- Notice your love “touching” everyone and everything throughout the world!
- Continue breathing out love further into space– to the far reaches of the Universe.
- Now, continue to breathe in and out slowly bringing your attention back to the world, to your country, to your state, to your city, to your community, to your home, to the room where you sit, to your body in the chair.
- Observe and witness how you feel, what you know…
- Fill up with Divine Gold Energy daily.
- Connect with nature- notice your connection to AIR/SPACE at a deeper spiritual level.
- Dwell on the movement and expansion of your connection in meditation.
- Acknowledge the heart-centered connection with everyone, everything in nature, every situation…
- Gaze into space and notice what wisdom you receive.
How do you notice the deeper depths of your connection with air/space. Have you had any interesting spiritual experiences? I welcome your comments and shared stories of your experiences!
Loree Oberle-Edwards, MS, DD is a licensed minister, an instructor of the Chopra
Center for Well Being, and a Healing Touch Level 1 Instructor with the Healing Touch Program. A native of San Diego, she enjoys the blessings of life with her husband Cliff and cat, Athena.
For more information, email Loree at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you Loree, for this beautiful journey you just took me on! I was moved and resonating with your experience from the very first sentence “I declared my intention to “make spirit real”. There’s that kind of remembrance and ‘oh yeah’, if I put my intention and attention on ‘making spirit real’ I will inevitably open up a door to something, even if it is just making myself open and vulnerable enough to hear and listen for a message from a deeper part within. It’s almost that simple;).
Thank you for the beautiful heart connection meditation as a practice and primer for connecting with spirit and all that exists around us. Simply gorgeous.
Yes, we are truly connected as One.
Much love and appreciation