Several years ago, we were planning a special dinner event with the Chopra Center. Keynote speakers included Deepak, Debbie Ford and some other “special guest”. I remember there was a buzz about the Center to make sure that things were just right and our guests were taken care of.
I was volunteering my time to make sure that the meals were served on time and to assist people in the kitchen. As usual, the meal was all organic and fabulous. The venue was quite large, so we were not at the Chopra Center for Well Being. We were in the banquet room of a large church. The energy was quite spectacular.
As we were finishing the last touches all seemed to be running perfectly. As we neared the time to begin, we only needed to put the pitchers of water on the table. As I saw the pitchers line up, I asked where the purified water was. One staff member from the kitchen turned around and said, “We had too much to bring with the meal… We didn’t have room to bring the purified water. We will have to use tap water.” I’m a native of San Diego, and I haven’t had water straight from the tap for years. My response was, “What do you mean, we have to use tap water??” I was incredulous. In my mind, I was thinking, “this beautiful, balanced meal full of nourishing ‘prana’ and we were going to serve it with San Diego water, the dregs of the Colorado River…” Here I stood with very little time, knowing I had to act quickly.
I turned to someone and asked her to start slicing lemons and put them in each pitcher full of this water and line them up. Each one that came up, I began to pray over and send healing energy, asking the Divine to bless each pitcher of water. My thoughts were pure and innocent. With each pitcher, there was more excitement and enthusiasm as we continued the “blessing brigade”. I noticed when the lemon slices began to spin, the pitcher was “cooked to perfection”, saying “this one’s complete, you can take it out.”
I didn’t have any grandiose intentions for the water. It become more of a light, play space. My hope was that no one would notice that it was regular tap water.
As I sat at dinner with some Chopra Center Staff, who were not aware of the “kitchen caper”, I watched as people ate the glorious meal and check to see if anyone screwed up their nose while drinking the water during an otherwise fabulous evening. The water tasted pretty good to me, yet I wasn’t sure if it was wishful thinking. Then, Brent a well respected meditation teacher turned to me and asked, “Where did this water come from?” My heart skipped a beat. I had to fess up, and I told him that we had to use tap water. He said, “No, I mean this water is special, it’s really good! This isn’t tap water…” I explained my dilemma and our “blessing brigade”. That truly was a special event, with “special water”.
Our thoughts and intentions are incredibly powerful. As Masaru Emoto has shown in “Messages from Water”, water can completely change structure as a result of our thoughts and emotions. Our bodies are over 90% water; our planet is more water than earth. Through simple choice and intention, we can transform our life and the lives of others. Choose now! Bless our bodies, each other and the World…
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Focus your awareness on the fluidity in your body. Your blood flowing, your lymphatic channels, the lubrication in your joints, the fluids in your sinuses, your saliva, the fluids (cytoplasm) in every cell of your body…
- With every inhale, feel the fluids flowing easily and effortlessly.
- With every exhale, imagine draining out any energies that you don’t need or don’t serve you down to the ground beneath your feet.
- With every breath, feel the natural flow of energy within your body, cleansing, clearing and circulating with ease.
- Continue Cleansing Meditation daily.
- Connect with Nature- Notice your connection with WATER
- Observe “flow” in your everyday activities.
- Feel your heart beat/pulse and the flow of your blood.
- Take a bubble bath or nice shower.
- Drink water with lemon or cucumber in it.
- Take a walk along the bay, ocean or river.
CLEANSE, CLEAR… CIRCULATE!
Loree Oberle-Edwards, MS, DD is a licensed minister, an instructor of the Chopra
Center for Well Being, and a Healing Touch Level 1 Instructor with the Healing Touch Program. A native of San Diego, she enjoys the blessings of life with her husband Cliff and cat, Athena.
For more information, email Loree at email@example.com