The first time that I consciously felt a sense that I had been someplace before was in Teotihuacan, Mexico. At the top of the Pyramid, I was staring at the blocks in the Pyramid and recognized, “I’ve seen this before… This seems familiar… I feel like I’ve been here before…” The moment was passing.
Several years later, I was visiting a friend in England. We were at Windsor Castle and I got the same sense. We were walking along a pathway in the surrounding gardens. As I noticed that it felt like I’d been there before, all of a sudden the path appeared to open up to images of many people in front of me enjoying a sunny day. Children skipping about, some ladies relaxing on a blanket, people along the lawn, as if it were a festival. Their dress was of the 1500’s. All of it lay out for a couple of minutes. Then, it vanished. Was I looking back in time? Was it my lifetime? It may not matter…
One year, Cliff and I were vacationing in Virginia after a conference that I had in Bethesda, Maryland. We decided to visit the home of Thomas Jefferson. As we walked through the garden, I got the image of Thomas Jefferson with a little girl about 3-4 years old. They were holding hands, walking through the garden. I told Cliff, “she’s somehow related to Thomas Jefferson, and her name is Nelly. As we came to the family cemetery, I was convinced that I would find a tombstone with “Nelly” carved in it. I searched every tombstone, and no Nelly… Inside the house, I looked at every picture and painting, and no Nelly… The image was so strong, yet nothing revealed the evidence that a Nelly had spent any time there. After seeing the whole property, Cliff and I went into the gift shop. I was glancing through some books when something caught my eye. The book read “Nelly Custis Lewis’s Housekeeping Book”. I felt a strong vibration move throughout my body, feeling excitement and recognition that this was the little girl I’d seen.
After doing a little research, I found that Eleanor “Nelly” Custis Lewis was born in 1779, and was the youngest of Martha Washington’s three granddaughters. What some people don’t know is that Martha Washington was widowed with two children when she married George Washington. Martha and George Washington never had children of their own. In 1781, Nelly’s father passed away at age 26 and her mother re-married. It was then that Nelly and brother, George Washington Parke Custis, came to live at Mount Vernon and were adopted by Martha and George Washington. While her two sisters remained with their mother, visits between the two households were common. It would be very possible that Nelly also visited Monticello around that time.
We have access to so much information, yet often don’t use these abilities. As we open ourselves to the possibility, we need only go back to our “roots”.
Note: These tools will assist you in becoming more connected using the elements of nature. Rather than a connection with the elements on an individual (physical) level, these exercises expand into more collective consciousness and spiritual levels of awareness.
RUNNING EARTH ENERGY:
- Sit upright in a chair with your back straight.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Rub your feet on the floor.
- Imagine drawing up energy from the earth through the bottoms of your feet.
- Bring the sensation of the flow of earth energy up through your legs.
- Feel it flow through your hips to the base of your spine, the area of your root energy center (your 1st chakra). Feel it swirl around in your root energy center.
- Imagine the energy return to the earth down line of energy (grounding cord) from the base of your spine to the center of the planet to neutralize. Examples: Flowing down a beam of light, a tree truck with roots going to center of planet, a waterfall, a vine, etc.
- Imagine the earth energy moving like a pump up the legs, through the hips, down the grounding cord.
- Feel the cleansing and clearing as the earth energy stabilizes your foundation.
- Run Earth Energy daily. Imagine different colors as you are running the earth energy.
- Imagine running earth energy while running, or walking.
- Imagine running earth energy while sitting on the Great Pyramid in Cairo, in Sedona, Arizona… Feel the earth energy moving. How does it smell, how does it feel?
- Imagine running earth energy at different times in history- Stonehenge, Machu Pichu, Egypt, etc. Imagine walking barefoot in these places of history. What do you notice?
What experiences have you had? I welcome your comments and shared stories of your experiences!
Loree Oberle-Edwards, MS, DD is a licensed minister, an instructor of the Chopra
Center for Well Being, and a Healing Touch Level 1 Instructor with the Healing Touch Program. A native of San Diego, she enjoys the blessings of life with her husband Cliff and cat, Athena.
For more information, email Loree at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Image of Young Nelly (Custis) Lewis from www.kenmore.org)